by: Rick Maranon Updated:
TULSA, Okla. - One of Tulsa's largest employers, American Airlines, debuted its first Boeing 737-8MAX for Green Country employees on Saturday.
Officials said the plane is one of the quietest and most fuel-efficient commercial airliners today.
American Airlines will replace the McDonnell Douglas MD-80 with the 737s.
The Boeing 737 line started in the 1970s and is one of the most popular commercial airliners ever built.
The debut of the new plan came the same week that American Airlines CEO Doug Parker told Tulsa leaders that the company is committed to staying in the city for fleet maintenance for many years to come.
Trending Stories on FOX23.com
- Police: Day care worker in wheelchair allegedly caught raping baby in Florida Chick-fil-A bathroom
- Last Comic Standing Star, Ralphie May dead at 45
- Vice President Pence: America will send astronauts to the moon again
- Georgia doctor, friend die from cocaine laced with fentanyl
- See more trending stories on the FOX23 Facebook page
© 2017 Cox Media Group.