The baby at the center of a Norman Amber Alert has been found dead.
Norman Police Department issued an Amber Alert for a missing and endangered seven-month-old Wednesday; they canceled the alert that same evening.
Thursday, FOX23 learned Victor Minjarez faces charges of murder and unlawful disposal of human remains.
Later Thursday morning, Norman Police reported they found the body of an infant, believed to be Jody Minjarez, at his father's home.
Victor is accused of attacking the infant's mother on February 19th.
Police said Victor Minjarez fled the scene of the incident with the child after renting a U-Haul pick-up truck.
They said law enforcement brought Victor Minjarez into custody, but the search for the child was ongoing.
UPDATE: 31YO Victor Minjarez has been taken into custody. The investigation regarding the whereabouts of 7-month-old Jody Minjarez is ongoing.— Norman Police (@normanokpd) March 8, 2018
Norman Police updated their information Thursday with the news of the body found.
Trending Now on FOX23.com
- Teens charged in Bixby assault investigation appear in court
- Breaking news alerts on your mobile device- download the FOX23 News app
- Man suspected in Tulsa shotgun robberies tells his story to FOX23
- FOLLOW FOX23 on Facebook for updates
- Fight over handicap spot leaves grandfather injured
© 2018 Cox Media Group.