TULSA, Okla. - Tulsa police arrested a man accused of making a lewd proposal to a child through social media.
Officials said they were told about an attempted solicitation of a 14-year-old Osage County child over the holiday break. Detectives then set up an undercover operation to pose as the child on Snapchat.
Jeremy Jon Batey, 43, of Tahlequah, later tried to solicit the child, who was actually a detective, for a sexual act. He also admitted to the previous attempt during his conversations with the undercover detective.
Batey was booked into the Cherokee County Jail for lewd proposal to a minor with a hold, pending federal charges.
- Sam's Club abruptly closes locations across the country
- U.S. issues ‘do not travel' advisory for 5 states in Mexico
- Killer herpes from Florida monkeys could pass to humans, scientists warn
- Arrests of nearly 70 people at party 'incredible waste of resources,' legal analyst says
- See more trending stories on the FOX23 Facebook page
© 2018 Cox Media Group.