TULSA, Okla. - Quick facts:
- Two men were shot during in north Tulsa Sunday morning.
- One man died, and the other was hospitalized.
- Investigators say they don't have a motive or suspect description.
- The shooter remains at large.
- The victims was ID'd Sunday afternoon as 27-year-old Byron Roland.
Tulsa police are investigating after they say one man was shot dead and another man was injured in north Tulsa.
They say they got called out to the scene near 46th Street North and Frankfort around 1 a.m. Sunday.
There, they reportedly found the victim lying in the street and another man shot in the arm.
FOX23 talked to several of the victim's friends and family members at the scene, including a woman who said he left home around 12:30 and never returned.
Police identified the victim killed as 27-year-old Byron Roland.
The man who was shot in the arm was taken to a hospital, and he is expected to be OK.
They say they believe Roland was the intended target, and there may have been more than one shooter.
Investigators at one point believed that the incident may have been gang-related, but they say interviews with family members do not lead them to believe that Roland was involved in any activity that would lead to him becoming a target.
They say someone was likely hiding out across the street, waiting, when Roland approached a house in order to pick up something from the homeowner. Then, the shooter opened fire.
Police say the homeowner came outside and did not see any suspects, but claimed the shots seem to come from a vacant house across the street.
The second shooting victim, 18, was reportedly walking up at the same time, but investigators don't believe he was with the homicide victim. Police say he also described the gunfire as coming from the home across the street.
No one could describe the shooters.
Police say they do not have a motive for the shooting.
Anyone with information on the shooting is urged to call Crime Stoppers at 918-596-2677, the Homicide Tip Line at 918-798-8477 or email email@example.com
- 1 dead, 1 injured in Tulsa shooting
- Child killed after family hit by truck in south Tulsa
- Mayfield's 598 yards lead OU past OSU 62-52
- Daylight saving time ends: Did you remember to 'fall back'?
- Follow FOX23 News on Facebook and see news that matters on your timeline
© 2017 Cox Media Group.