|Updated: 4/08 9:26 am
||Published: 4/05 9:05 pm
The mother of a rape victim is outraged after an assistant district attorney exposed a relationship between the teen suspect's father and a supervisor at the Office of Juvenile Affairs.
Sarah Webber resigned as a supervisor at OJA last week.
“I feel defeated. I feel cheated. I feel sad," said the mother, FOX23 is not identifying her to protect her daughter.
These are words from a mother who feels like she was robbed of justice.
"My daughter now views the authority and the justice system as disgusting,” she said. "As a victim she feels robbed."
The mother told FOX23’s Dontaye Carter, a hearing for her daughter's case last Wednesday left her speechless.
"Sick to my stomach," she added.
The transcript shows Rogers County Assistant District Attorney Sean McConnell brought up in court the relationship between Webber and the teen suspect's father saying, "I received information over this last weekend that they were seen together at a Lowe’s in Broken Arrow.'
"I don't believe the interest of my child was in the forefront at all," said the mother.
Transcripts show the court questioned Webber about the relationship. She replied, "At this time, I am in a relationship with him."
She told the court, “When I was promoted to supervisor on October 8, 2012, my district supervisor, Linda Rothe, took control of the case. I had no supervision over the case.”
However, she later said she only worked with the case when she was asked to inquire to see if Shadow Mountain Behavioral Health Hospital would hold her boyfriend's son until he was 18.
"It confirmed what I felt in my mind,” the mother said. “This has been mishandled from day 1."
Dontaye spoke with the District Supervisor at Roger’s County OJA’s office. She declined to comment saying it was a personnel matter. But said they found out about the relationship when it came out in court.
"I'm not happy with Oklahoma Juvenile Affairs,” the mother told Dontaye. “I feel like it played a big part in what happened."
The teen suspect in the case received a plea deal.
Another Rogers County parent is also upset with officials in that county.
He has been seeking justice after his two young daughters were allegedly raped by 13 and 11-year-old boys.
In February, the district attorney decided not to press charges against one of the boys.
However, in March charges were filed.
The father of those two victims says he hopes the case will eventually go to trial.