|Updated: 12/11/2013 4:08 pm
||Published: 12/10/2013 6:36 pm
A home at 112th and Yale Rd. caught fire around 6:15pm Tuesday night.
FOX23 was there, alongside first responders as they fought to put out the fire. Flames roared as crews continued efforts to put out the flames.
Over three hours later the house fire had finally ceased.
FOX23 spoke to the fire department, which said the couple who lived in the home was luckily not home at the time, but their pets were.
As flames engulfed this beautiful home, neighbors and family members could only stand by and watch in disbelief.
Firefighters told FOX23 when they arrived, there were already flames through the roof and other areas.
Seven crews initially responded to the blaze, but three more were called out to help with the fire.
The flames are out and the crews are putting out hot spots at this time, but they were having a hard time getting to the roof area where they believe the fire may have started.
Neighbors could only stand by helplessly as their friends' home went up in flames.
Glenn Pochocki lives right across the street, and he felt like crews should have been there quicker.
"We've got a fire department at the end of the street and it took them too long to get here. We are asking some questions why right now, and I'm a little frustrated with that," Pochocki said.
Glenn said the family wasn't home at the time, but another neighbor happened to notice the flames coming from the top of the house and called 911.
It's still not clear what caused this fire, but crews want to take this time to remind everyone to watch space heaters and also make sure chimneys are clean.