Explosion heard before house caught fire

Story Comments Share

Updated: 12/28/2013 2:10 pm Published: 12/28/2013 11:26 am

Witnesses said an explosion was heard just before a north Tulsa house caught on fire Saturday morning.

The fire occurred at approximately 10:50 a.m. in the 200 block of S. Fulton Ave. 

Neighbors told FOX23 that they heard an explosion just before the house caught fire and now a shed in backyard is gone.

Tulsa Firefighters told FOX23 that a propane tank inside the shed may have exploded. The shed was connected to the home, so the house suffered heavy smoke damage.

Only one person was inside the home at the time of the explosion. All the other family members were at church at the time.

Red Cross is helping the family find a place to live.

Story Comments Share

2 Comment(s)
Comments: Show | Hide

Here are the most recent story comments.View All

The views expressed here do not necessarily represent those of KOKI FOX23 - Tulsa

Mayor Maynot - 12/28/2013 2:17 PM
0 Votes
In other news the cause is clearly stated. The propane grill in the shed exploded setting the house on fire.

Mayor Maynot - 12/28/2013 1:10 PM
0 Votes
Must have been a pretty big explosion #8^} It went allllll the way from North Tulsa to the 200 Block of South Fulton. Sounds like a gas leak. Natural gas will just lay in a pocket until it finds a spark and then it's Ka-Booooom. Mk83 Most meth operations don't exceed much more than a two liter bottle. A natural gas leak COULD fill all the way underneath a house.
FOX23 Weather Center
Feels Like: 63°
High: 76° | Low: 55°

Inergize Digital This site is hosted and managed by Inergize Digital.
Mobile advertising for this site is available on Local Ad Buy.