|Updated: 2/14/2013 10:57 am
||Published: 2/13/2013 10:35 pm
Black mold closed doors at Dove Science Academy last week.
The east Tulsa charter school locked its doors for three days. The school has been cleared of mold and students are back in class, but some of the teachers said conditions are still making them sick.
FOX23 requested a report, which outlines where the mold was found. Liberty Ohm inspected the school and found black mold.
"We've been tested, twice. Both came back positive," said Assistant Principal John Franklin.
Franklin said the area in question is the boy’s bathroom of the high school building. Franklin said the mold has not affected student’s attendance.
“We're concerned about our kids safety, but I think we've done everything we can to address that,” said Franklin.
One in particular teacher shared plenty on Facebook:
On January 30, she posted: "Dumbest sick day ever. Allergic reaction all over my body."
Then, on February 7: "looks like tomorrow will be day 8 of moldpocolypse."
Franklin said the mold got its start, from another issue the school had: Plumbing problems. He said there were flooding issues, and the crew that repaired it suggested faculty check for mold.
According to Facebook, the teacher who posted this has been in and out of class, because the mold made her sick.
"We're taking this very seriously if our teacher is sick," said Franklin.
Repairs to the area being inspected are expected to be done by early next week.