|Updated: 7/08 10:15 am
||Published: 7/08 8:42 am
Job Title: Creative Services Writer/Producer
Cox Subsidiary: Cox Television
Description: KOKI/KMYT Television
Full/Part Time: Full-Time
Location: OK - Tulsa
KOKI-TV FOX23, a Cox Media Group station in Tulsa, OK, is seeking a creative, self-motivated individual to join our team in the position of Creative Services Writer/Producer. If you can wield words and images to make magic and you're ready to promote the best TV news team in Tulsa, we're looking for you!
The individual in this position reports to the Creative Services Director, and is responsible for creatively promoting FOX23 News, while consistently reinforcing the station's brand.
* Work effectively and efficiently with Producers and Reporters to determine the compelling elements of a story, and write clear, concise copy that communicates the viewer benefit.
* Write and edit daily topical promos for multiple newscasts, as well as proof of performance spots (POPs) and special report promos for sweeps periods.
* Develop creative ideas for long-term branding/image spots, and be able to work collaboratively with others to see those ideas through to completion.
* Experience with editing in Final Cut Pro and/or Adobe Premiere required.
* Other design and compositing skills are helpful.
* Must be an excellent writer and communicator.
* Must work cooperatively with others.
* Must work well under pressure to meet daily deadlines.
* A minimum of two years’ experience working full-time in television news promotion.
Please submit your resume and an online or DVD demo reel that shows off your best work, to the attention of Will Harris, Creative Services Director at: KOKI-TV FOX23, 2625 S. Memorial Drive, Tulsa, OK 74129 or email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
No Phone Calls Please.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit and talk or hear. The employee is occasionally required to use hands to finger, handle, or feel objects, tools, or controls and reach with hands and arms.
The employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 10 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, color vision, and the ability to adjust focus.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
About Jobs at Cox Media Group
Cox Media Group believes our employees are our most valuable resource, and that's why we hire the best and the brightest. With Cox, you'll have the opportunity to grow and reach your greatest potential. We also offer a highly competitive benefits package. For more information about working at Cox Media Group, visit http://www.coxmediagroup.com/careers/.
Cox Media Group d/b/a KOKI FOX23 is a Drug-Free workplace and an Equal Opportunity Employer. Discrimination because of race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex or disability is prohibited.