Do I have any protection against being fired for blowing the whistle under the False Claims Act?

Story Comments Share

Updated: 4/11/2007 10:26 am Published: 4/11/2007 10:26 am

Yes. As prescribed under Section 3730h (3-7-3-0 H) of the False Claims Act, you're entitled to all relief necessary to make you whole if you've been discharged, demoted, harassed, or discriminated against for exercising your rights under the act. Relief that you may be entitled to includes reinstatement, double back pay, and compensation for any special damages, including litigation costs and attorneys' fees. You should also be aware that many states have wrongful termination and employment laws that may provide additional remedies.

Story Comments Share

FOX23 Weather Center
Feels Like: 56°
High: 74° | Low: 41°

Inergize Digital This site is hosted and managed by Inergize Digital.
Mobile advertising for this site is available on Local Ad Buy.