|Updated: 1/15 12:03 pm
||Published: 1/15 12:03 pm
Cox Media Group Tulsa (FOX23/My41/fox23.com) is looking for a Research Director. This position reports to the General Manager for News, Marketing and Sales research services.
The Research Director will produce ratings and digital analytics research information for sales, programming, news and marketing and perform the following duties:
• Provide sales support collateral materials for sales staff by producing sales pieces as indicated by overnight ratings delivery and surveys; developing tailored research presentations to meet client needs and generating viewership estimates for important programs and specials.
• Produce ratings research information and analysis for Sales, Programming, Creative Services, and News departments as well as station management.
• Interpret news research and help develop effective news strategies based upon the research received.
• Coordinate with national rep firm for production and distribution of viewership estimates and sales pieces.
• Collaborate with Cox Corporate Research, department heads and research vendors to meet research needs in assessing viewer preferences, creative effectiveness and execution of news plans.
• Ensure marketing materials contain research information that meets the FOX23 standard for publication, including accuracy, appropriate use of sources, accomplishing sales goals.
• Train sales and support staff in use of various market media software applications, including One Domain, Nielsen ratings CMR, and qualitative research like Scarborough or Griffin.
• Maintain ongoing trends of ratings data and program tracks.
• Supervise Nielsen for sample accuracy and correct titling.
• Interpret ratings data and viewership flow data as needed by various departments.
• Go on sales calls with Account Executives and Sales Manager to present research information to clients.
• Other duties may be assigned.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE:
Bachelor's degree or equivalent from four-year college, preferably with emphasis in marketing or research. Strong working knowledge of research computer programs and good computer skills required. Word, Excel and Power Point computer experience required. Ability to juggle multiple priorities, producing materials and analyses needed in timely fashion. Teamwork and the ability to get along with others is an essential function of the job.
Please send resume to:
Lori Schoonmaker, Executive Assistant to VP/GM
2625 S. Memorial
Tulsa, OK 74129
No phone calls please.
Cox Media Group d/b/a KOKI FOX23 is an Equal Opportunity Employer