by: Josh Gammon Updated:
TULSA, Okla. - Hanson, the Tulsa-based band of brothers, released its debut single 20 years ago Saturday.
'MMMBop' was released in April 1997 and probably hasn't left your head for the last two decades.
Hanson capped off their big year with an appearance as the musical guest on the Dec. 13, 1997, episode of "Saturday Night Live."
In the years since, the band created its own record label in Tulsa, started a brewery and is about to headline its fourth annual Hop Jam Beer & Music Festival in the Brady Arts District.
The band will go on its 25th anniversary tour this year.
Trending Now on FOX23.com
- World rejoices as April the giraffe finally gives birth
- Afghan official: MOAB death total rises to 94
- World's oldest person, Emma Morano, dies at 117
- Jackie Robinson broke MLB color barrier 70 years ago today
- Target offers car seat recycling program
© 2017 Cox Media Group.
Throwback: Hanson's 'MMMBop' is officially 20 years old
Thieves steal valuable gear from Oklahoma Army National Guard specialist
Tulsa police work to identify duo accused of stealing from Name Brand Clothing
Women arrested in prostitution stings at Tulsa massage parlors
Cherokee Nation shares traditional origin story of solar eclipse