by: Josh Gammon Updated:
It's been 28 years since Oklahoma native Garth Brooks hit the country music scene with the release of his debut album.
The self-titled debut was released April 12, 1989, and featured the hit songs "Much Too Young," "If Tomorrow Never Comes" and "The Dance."
Since 1989, the album sold more than 10 million copies and put Brooks on his way to become the highest-selling solo artist in the United States. According to the Recording Industry Association of America, Brooks has sold over 148 million albums throughout his career.
Trending Now on FOX23.com
- Comedian Charlie Murphy, brother of Eddie Murphy, dies at 57
- One arrested after Broken Arrow standoff
- DHS investigates abuse allegations at Tulsa mental health facility
- Hospital grants dying man's last wish for glass of wine, cigarette
- J. Geils Band founder, guitarist found dead in home
© 2017 Cox Media Group.