TULSA, Okla. - Missed out on tickets to George Strait's show in June of next year??
Good news for the country star's fans- a second show was added to his "Strait Down Route 66" tour.
June 1, fans of Strait can catch the first "10 for 10" artist at the BOK Center; tickets go on sale Oct. 20.
The Arby's Box Office will not be selling tickets that day. They start at $79.95.
Strait's first show previously announced for Saturday, June 2, 2018 generated significant national attention and sold out within seconds of going on sale to the public.
"The response to our George Strait announcement has been record-setting and we are seeing fans from across the nation purchasing tickets for this event" comments BOK Center/SMG general manager Jeff Nickler. "With nearly 40,000 country music fans expected to converge on our city next summer, we anticipate the economic impact of this weekend to rival that of the NCAA basketball tournament last year."
BOK Center officials said they worked with the tour to make sure that more tickets will be made available to local fans for the second show.
They said that more than 10,000 tickets will be available to purchase when the on-sale begins at 10 a.m. Friday.
Changes made to the ticketing system this time include:
- Limited the number of tickets available for artist-mandated credit card and fan club presales
- No venue or radio presales
- Lowered the ticket limit per customer from 8 to 4 tickets
- Restricted internet purchases on presales to only fans with mailing addresses in Oklahoma, Arkansas, Kansas, Texas and Missouri
Trending Stories on FOX23.com
- Convicted rapist won't have joint custody of victim's child after judge rescinds ruling
- Guilty: Jury finds former Tulsa officer Shannon Kepler guilty of manslaughter
- Hank the pit bull, wrongly accused of killing livestock, set free
- Enraged parents attack teacher with a brick after cellphone taken from student
- See more trending stories on the FOX23 Facebook page
© 2018 Cox Media Group.