The Physical Therapy Room, LLC specializes in pelvic floor rehabilitation for pelvic floor dysfunction such as pelvic pain, stress and urge incontinence, pudendal neuralgia, and G.I. issues.The role of the pelvic floor and why it is important:
Leading reasons for the cause(s) of pelvic floor dysfunction:
- 1 out of 5 Americans suffer from some type of pelvic floor dysfunction (i.e., pelvic pain, urinary incontinence, G.I. issues).
- Over 25 million Americans suffer from urinary incontinence alone.
Physical Therapy Treatment:
- Many women suffer pelvic floor dysfunction in silence and assume it is a natural part of aging or childbirth.
- In many countries, post-partum pelvic floor evaluation and rehabilitation are the norm so they can address issues that arise from the stresses of pregnancy, vaginal deliveries, vaginal tears, and C-sections.
- These above issues lead to myofascial complications that cause dyspareunia (pain with intercourse), diminished orgasm, urinary frequency, urgency, or leaking, constipation, tailbone and S.I. pain, rectal and pelvic pain.
The Physical Therapy Room
- For pelvic pain: diaphragmatic breathing, PFM relaxation, Manual work
- Stress Urinary Incontinence: pelvic alignment, PFM strengthening, “knack”
- Urge Urinary Incontinence: pelvic alignment, Physiological Quieting, suppression techniques, bladder training, and PFM strengthening.
- G.I. issues: colon massage, diet, bowel diary, retraining of PFM drop/relaxation; balloon technique, breathing.
4142 S. Harvard Ave., #D1
Tulsa, OK. 74135