April is Sexual Assault Awareness Month (SAAM) and both Verizon and DVIS are dedicated to spreading awareness in order to stop this terrible trend. DVIS and Verizon are participating in SAAM activities throughout the state to help spread awareness about sexual assault and contributing through their own separate initiatives to help prevent sexual assault in our state.
DVIS is Domestic Violence Intervention Services and advocates to protect, provide shelter to and counsel those affected by domestic violence. DVIS also provides education to the public to stop the cycle of abuse.
Verizon technology can be used to download apps that can help prevent sexual assault:
In addition, Hopeline is a community service initiative that works to give silent victims a voice by refurbishing donated phones for victims to use to get out of violent situations: aboutus.verizonwireless.com/communityservice/hopeLine.html
Five ways to avoid becoming a victim of sexual assault:
- Never accept a drink or food from someone you do not know.
- Always travel in groups to social gatherings, to and from the library, etc.
- Download the suggested apps onto your Verizon device to help avoid becoming a victim of sexual assault.
- Take a self-defense class.
- Know that resources like DVIS are available to help and answer any questions you may have.
To learn more about Verizon Wireless, visit verizonwireless.com
or any of our Tulsa locations:
- Tulsa Hills Verizon Wireless Retailer, 7145 South Olympia, Tulsa, OK 74055
- South Tulsa Verizon Wireless Retailer, 10035 S Memorial Drive Suite 10, Tulsa, OK 74133
- Tulsa Southroads Verizon Wireless Retailer, 4915 B East 41st Street, Tulsa, OK 74135
- Woodland Hills Verizon Wireless Retailer, 10031 E 71st Street, Tulsa, OK 74133
To learn more about DVIS, please visit dvis.org