Breakfast in bed is one of the most romantic statements you can make on Valentine's Day, and you don't have to wake up in the middle of the night to get it all prepared. A simple frittata can be the perfect start to your sweetie's day. "...Decorate a tray with rose petals, red hots, chocolate kisses, and whatever special treats you have to make the morning memorable and a little cheesy," Michel Murphy, owner of The Dish said.
St. Valentine Frittata Recipe:
Preheat oven to 350
8 eggs at room temperature
½ cup half and half
1 tsp lemon pepper
1 tsp cumin
Sea salt and pepper to taste
1 cup sliced mushrooms
4 strips turkey bacon cooked crisp and chopped
½ cup chopped tomato
½ cup chopped artichoke hearts
½ red pepper chopped
½ cup grated smoked Gouda
1. Whisk first 5 ingredients for 1 minute to make custard like mixture.
2. Layer remaining ingredients, cheese last, in an 8 x 8 glass-baking dish.
3. Whisk egg custard a few times and gently pour over layered ingredients.
4. Shake baking dish lightly to level contents.
7. Bake in preheated 350 over for 30 - 40 minutes. Do not overcook.
8. Remove from oven and let stand for 5 minutes.
Makes 4 - 6 servings. Wrap and refrigerate leftovers for up to 3 days.
Want to add some splash? Top with avocado, sour cream or salsa before serving. A healthy shot of Tabasco is divine!
Strawberries and whip cream or blueberries and cream are sumptuous sides.
For more information on The Dish visit http://www.dishbym.com/