Feeling sluggish, irritable or just don't feel like yourself? It could be a hormon inbalance. PicMed Weight and Wellness offers Bioidentical Hormone Replacement Therapy.
1. What is BHRT?
Bioidentical hormone replacement therapy. BHRT is the use of supplemental doses of hormones that have a chemical structure identical to the hormones that the human body naturally produces.
2. What would make one a good candidate for BHRT?
What are some common symptoms? Mood swings, irritability, hot flashes, weight gain, reduced libido, insomnia, and more.
3. How are BHRT treatments created?
If bioidentical hormones are compounded pharmacy, a cocktail of hormones is created, uniquely tailored for each individual patient. If they're purchased at a conventional pharmacy, these hormones are available in a range of set doses. In both instances, the prescriptions are based on a series of tests administered by a doctor. Many of the bioidentical hormones used are made from soybeans and wild yams, which contain unique compounds that are processed chemically and made into identical replicas of hormones the body produces. They are used for their cost-effectiveness as well as their ability to readily extract compounds and turn them into exact replicas of human hormones.
4. Hormone therapy has historically been known as a treatment for women, but can this be effective for men as well?
It can. BHRT can aid men with loss of muscle mass, reduced libido, erectile dysfunction, memory loss, and more.
5. How long before patients feel the positive effects of a BHRT treatment?
Generally, patients see great improvement in symptoms in 2 to 4 weeks.
PicMed Weight and Wellness also offers the following:
- PicMed Weight and Wellness
- Weight loss programs: appetite suppressant, hCG (hormone), and natural programs
- BHRT: Hormone Replacement to aid patients with numerous symptoms
- Cellulite Reduction: Laser break up cellulitic tissue and shrink and destroy fat cells
- Skin Tightening: Lasers cause the production of new collagen in the skin
- Laser Hair Removal: Lasers are used for hair reduction and permanent hair removal.
PicMed Weight and Wellness
11014 E. 51st Street
Tulsa, OK 74146