LIFE’s Adult Day Services is a daytime program for seniors and other adults that provides a safe, friendly and supportive setting, enabling family caregivers to find a healthy balance between work, home and the responsibilities of being a caregiver.
As individuals age, they often get to a point where they may not be safe at home alone, or maybe they are not eating or taking their meds and are very isolated. In the past, those individuals went to nursing homes or assisted living facilities, unless someone in their family could afford to quit working to take care of them 24/7. These days, people want and need other options and they want to live in their homes and with their families. That’s where Adult Day Services comes in. It’s the best of both worlds for the caregivers and for the family member that shouldn’t be home alone. One of the amazing things that happens is that individuals in their 80’s, for instance, that have lost most of their lifelong friends, are now making new friends again, are engaging in pastimes like gardening and dominoes and are more mentally and physically active than they have been for years. And they are living at home! Adult Day Services also costs less than a third of the cost of living in a nursing home.
While the caregiver is working, running errands or taking a deep breath, days at LIFE's Adult Day Services are filled with friends, laughter and enriching activities that foster self-esteem and a positive outlook.
- Whether playing games, reminiscing, exercising, cooking, gardening, or even putting their feet up, participants' minds and bodies are active and engaged.
- At the end of the day, they go home to their families, fulfilled and tired.
- Activities are designed to promote socialization, lifelong learning and days filled with purpose and self-esteem.
- Days are geared for each individual's needs and preferences and are designed to increase and maintain physical skills and abilities as well as provide an environment of engagement and fun for all participants.
- Along with the activities, personal care and basic health services are provided and designed to keep seniors and other adults healthy and safe while they spend their days engaged in programs and activities.
- Caregivers have peace of mind knowing their loved one is in a safe, secure environment.
- Assistance with personal care is provided including showers, a hair salon, and footcare.
- Rehab including physical, occupational and speech therapies.
- Nutritious (and delicious) meals and snacks.
- Exercise programs including Tai Chi and the Arthritis Foundation exercise program.
The philosophy at LIFE’s Adult Day Services is to be “person centered”. This is an approach that respects and values the uniqueness of each person, and seeks to maintain, even restore, the personhood of individuals. An environment has been created that promotes personal worth and uniqueness, social confidence, respect, truthfulness, independence, engagement and hope. Adult Day Services honors the individual and gears activities and programs to the interests of each person that attends and honors their choices and individuality.
LIFE’s Adult Day Services provides 3 convenient locations in the Tulsa and Broken Arrow area:
LIFE’s Adult Day Services hours of operation are also convenient and caregiver friendly:
- Central Tulsa - 5950 East 31st Street
- North Tulsa - 902 East Pine Street
- Broken Arrow - 3106 South Juniper Avenue
- Monday-Friday: 6:45am to 6:00pm
Central Tulsa Location:
For more information:
- Saturday: 9:00am to 4:00pm
- Sunday: 10:30am to 2:30pm
LIFE’s Adult Day Services – 918-664-9000LIFEseniorservices.org