Finding a Fitness Facility
|Updated: 8/29/2012 2:53 pm
||Published: 8/28/2012 3:46 pm
Now that school has started and families have begun a new fall schedule, many people are ready to get back to the gym. Tulsa YWCA fitness trainer Amy Bracher stopped by GDGC to share tips for finding the gym that will best meet your needs.Five things to look for in a gym:
Check out the Tulsa YWCA to see if it's the gym for you! The YWCA offers:
- Location, location, location: Is the gym convenient for you? Is it near work or home or your children’s school? If you drive by it every day, then you will be more likely to stop and work out.
- Price: Does it fit into your budget? Are there different levels of membership? (family vs. single, etc.) Is there a free trial period?
- Amenities: What will you use the most? (Showers, childcare, pool, spa, nutrition, free weights, cardio machines, etc.) Check out the fitness schedule – Are the classes you like the most offered at times that are convenient?
- Environment: What does the gym “feel” like when you visit? Is it crowded at the time you would work out? Is the staff friendly and knowledgeable? Do the members seem happy while they are at the gym? Is it a family environment or a meat market?
- Recommendations: Do people you like and respect recommend the gym?
All YWCA fitness classes offered with no extra charge:
- free 3-day trial period
- swim lessons year round
- kids swim team
- free drop-in childcare (ages 6 weeks to 8 years)
- arthritis aquatics
- personal training
- Power Sculpt
- Tai Chi
- Power Hour
- Ai Chi
- Cardio Blast
- Water Pilates
- Boot Camp
- Abs 'n Jabs
1910 South Lewis Ave.
Tulsa, OK 74104ywcatulsa.org
Copyright 2012 Newport Television LLC All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.