Earrings are those little accessories you can't live without, and they're also so small you can lose them easily. Local Designer, Samantha Extance with Bohemian Romance has display that's textbook organized. "I needed to make some jewelry displays for local shops carrying my jewelry that would be inexpensive. To make one of these book displays costs as little as $5," Extance said. This DIY craft can also double as a wall ornament. "Hang this display right on your wall at home and you’ll never have to search for your earrings again," she said.
You'll need lace, some buttons, a picture hanger, a book, an awl, screwdriver, screws, needle & thread, scissors, and cup hooks.
1. Open up to a page & decorate your book with lace & buttons (decoration optional).
2. Next, make a starter hole using your awl in the middle of your book page (that you intend to be the top of your display). Next you’re going to secure a screw in place with your screwdriver to keep your book open. Be sure to turn your screw until it goes through the book cover.
3. Flip over your book and attach your picture hanger in place with screws and then flip right side again.
4. Turn a page and cut a little hole to cover the screw that is showing on the top page of your book. Glue the circle in place over the screw to conceal it.
5. Last, use your awl to poke starter holes in your book page for the cup hooks. And then screw the cup hooks in place.
Extance will be a part of Indie Emporium Sept. 28-29 at Living Arts of Tulsa at 307 East Brady. Extance said there will be bridal gowns & hair accessories, by Sunshine & Carousels; Lots of great gifts for the kiddos too—dolls & plushies; a selection of T-shirts—we’re especially happy that Bombs Away is back again this year; beer soap; art prints; a wide selection of jewelry, homewares; pottery and more. For more information on Bohemian Romance visit www.bohemianromance.wordpress.com
and for more information on Indie Emporium visit http://www.indieemporium.com/