Ideas for easy outdoor entertaining:
1. Make an impromptu table out of items you have, or bring an indoor table outside!
2. Food cans covered in wrapping, scrapbook or other decorative papers make great vases for fresh flowers.
3. Scrapbook paper is the perfect size for a casual, colorful placemat to match or contrast your dinnerware.
4. Mason Jars are great for drinking glasses, and even better when they do double duty as a holder for napkins and flatware.
5. A s’mores bar and spiked cider make a great after dinner treat.
See our blog this week for more fall entertaining tips, recipes, crafts and more from Prairie Hive Magazine, Issue Three! (www.prairiehive.com/blog)Prairie Hive
was started in 2011 by a group of designers, photographers, writers and crafters in Tulsa. We launched our blog in April, and the first issue of our online magazine debuted in June. Our magazine is produced bi-monthly and each issue features a local home, then we take the home’s style and give readers ideas for entertaining, crafts and more. Our blog features our of-the-moment inspirations, trends, DIY projects and anything else we want to share along the way.
Prairie Hive consists of:
Sarah Vespasian, Creative Director/Editor
Kim Averill, Editorial Coordinator/Contributor
Alayna Benfield, Photography/Graphic Design/Contributor
Roxanne Davis, Craft and DIY Coordinator/Graphic Design/Contributor
Dawn Thackray, Photography/Contributor
Lisa Wakefield, Entertaining Features Coordinator/Contributor
For more information about our team, you can visit www.prairiehive.com/about.