School is back in session, and Natalie Mikles with Made in Oklahoma (MIO) Coalition stopped by GDGC to share a couple of hearty and tasty breakfast recipes that will get students off to school ready to learn and start the day right.Oklahoma Breakfast Pizza
Give your back-to-school routine of cereal and oatmeal a break when you feed your family this hearty Oklahoma Breakfast Pizza. You can feel good about this breakfast because each piece is loaded with the flavor of Made in Oklahoma products. The from-scratch pizza crust starts with a Shawnee Mills pizza crust mix. Country Cousin Pork Sausage Patties make it easy, since they’re already cooked. Head Country All-Purpose Championship seasoning and Bar-S bacon bring big flavor, and Hiland milk pulls the recipe together.Ingredients:
- 1 package Shawnee Mills pizza crust mix
- 8 sausage patties from 1 bag frozen Country Cousin Pork Sausage Patties
- 1 teaspoon Head Country All-Purpose Championship seasoning
- 1 cup diced bell pepper
- 1 cup frozen hash brown potatoes, thawed
- 4 eggs
- ¼ cup Hiland or Braum’s milk
- ½ cup shredded cheddar cheese
- ½ cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- 4 slices Bar-S bacon, cooked and crumbled
Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
Make Shawnee Mills pizza crust according to package directions. Press dough into pizza pan, and set aside.
Heat cooked sausage patties according to package directions. Crumble and set aside.
In a large sauté pan, add sausage, bell peppers and Head Country All-Purpose Championship Seasoning. Cook over medium heat, stirring until peppers are tender.
In a medium bowl, whisk eggs with milk.
Spread sausage and bell peppers over pizza crust. Top with thawed potatoes. Sprinkle with cheddar and mozzarella cheese. Carefully pour egg mixture over the sausage and cheese. Bake at 400 degrees for 20 to 25 minutes. Sprinkle with cooked and crumbled Bar-S bacon.Sausage and Cheese Scones with Pepper JellyIngredients:
- 1 package of Shawnee Mills biscuits mix
- 1 cup of cooked JC Potter maple sausage
- ½ cup of grated cheese – cheddar, Monterey Jack or a mixture of both
- Small amount of flour for forming dough
- 1 jar of Suan’s Pepper Jelly or Lemon Mango Pepper Jelly
Preheat the oven to 350 degrees. Follow the directions on the Shawnee Mills biscuit mix to make scone dough. Add cooked sausage and cheese to the dough. Turn the dough out onto a floured surface, and with floured fingers, pat or shape dough into a large circle.
Cut dough into six to eight equal pieces, like slices of a pie. Place cut pieces of dough onto a baking sheet and bake for 8-12 minutes or until golden brown. Enjoy the scones hot or at room temperature with pepper jelly or lemon mango pepper jelly.For more great recipe ideas and information about Made in Oklahoma products, visit miocoalition.com