Achieving a Work/Life Balance
|Updated: 8/15/2012 2:02 pm
||Published: 8/14/2012 5:03 pm
Balancing a work life with a home life can be challenging. Carey Baker of Part-Time Pros shared tips with GDGC for creating a vision and setting goals when striving for a better work/life balance:
- Make a list of your priorities – anything that is truly important to you.
- Create a vision, goals and a plan for achieving your work/life balance and write it down and tell those around you what you want to accomplish to help hold you accountable.
- Track your time to see where you are spending the bulk of your time.
- Do what needs to get done that day and stay organized so that you can move what can be delayed to the following day.
- Build a support team to help you achieve your goals.
- Learn to say no. When you quit doing things out of guilt, you’ll make more room in your life for the activities that are meaningful to you.
- Set aside time each day for an activity that you enjoy – when you make a little time for yourself you have more to give to others.
- Know that your work/life balance will never be perfect, but if you have a plan and goals written down and communicated to others you will be much more likely to have a balance than not.
1326 E. 43rd Ct., #200
Tulsa, OK 74105
Copyright 2012 Newport Television LLC All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.