|Updated: 12/27/2012 11:51 am
||Published: 12/27/2012 7:30 am
A grandmother and her grandson escaped a fire in their home early Thursday morning.
The grandmother smelled smoke at the home, near E. Xyler and E. Woodrow Place, and when her grandson went to check it out, he saw flames in the garage.
The pair were able to get out, but the grandmother suffered smoke inhalation, and the grandson suffered minor burns. Fire crews say the home did not have a working smoke detector, and that the pair are lucky that they were awake to notice the fire.