Electrical outlet cause of Embassy Suites fire


Story Comments Share

Updated: 11/24/2013 4:01 pm Published: 11/24/2013 11:09 am


Fire crews have determined a mattress fire at an east Tulsa hotel was sparked by an electrical outlet.

FOX23 News learned that the fire happened at Embassy Suites near 31st and Memorial Street around 11:15 a.m. Saturday.

Firefighters say a bed was pushed up against an outlet and damaged the outlet causing it to spark a fire.

Officials say no one was hurt and they aren't sure if anyone was in the room at the time.


Story Comments Share

1 Comment(s)
Comments: Show | Hide

Here are the most recent story comments.View All

The views expressed here do not necessarily represent those of KOKI FOX23 - Tulsa

Unwashed Mass - 11/24/2013 4:09 PM
1 Vote
Plug, not outlet. Crushed by a bed. Can happen at home, btw.
 
CRIME STOPPERS is a citizen-supported program that allows people to report criminal activities anonymously.

The Crime Stoppers Coordinator and the Crime Commission Board of Directors determines the amount of awards and ensures payment to those who provide information, and are responsible for raising money to continue their respective programs
To report a crime call 596-COPS or text a tip by following these directions:
  1. Send text to “Crimes” or “274637
  2. Begin your message with “TIP918
  3. Type your tip and hit send
  4. When the text is received, the sender will receive a PIN number within 10 seconds confirming receipt of the information
  5. The tipster will be instructed to call 911 if an emergency or crime in progress is being reported
Visit the Crime Stoppers web site.
See Also: Webtips
OK Crime Prevention Network

Inergize Digital This site is hosted and managed by Inergize Digital.
Mobile advertising for this site is available on Local Ad Buy.